- Model: Roll Down
- Item no.: 249
- Dimensions (L×W×H):
- Tube Ø200 × 1500-12000 mm (Ø7.87 × 59.1-472.4 in)
- Power supply: 200-240V AC 50-60 Hz
- Power consumption: 500 Watt
- Power inlet: Neutrik powerCON TRUE1 NAC3PX (F/M)
- DMX control signal: DMX 512 1990 + DMX512A / 6 channels used
- DMX connection: 5 pole XLR, male & female
- Lifting height: 18 m (59 ft.) Limit set to 15m as default!
- Lifting capacity: 35 kg (77 lb)
- Lifting speed: Variable, 0.05-1.0 m/s (2.0-39.3 in/s)
- Minimum load: None
- Noise emission: ~70 dB
- Ambient temperature: 0-40°C (32-104°F)
- Motor: 230V AC, 0.55 kW 2800 rpm
- Duty cycle: Maximum 30% at max. load (refer to page 30)
- Minimum 23 min OFF after 10 minutes ON
Roll Down is a Roll Down for stage use, mainly for use in theatres, shows and concerts.
It lifts fabrics in and out of the stage sphere at a maximum load of 35 kg up and down. The lifting height is 15 m (can be extended to 18 m). The lifting speed is between 5 cm/s and 100 cm/s.
The Roll Down is controlled by the standard DMX controlling signal, so a normal lighting desk can be used to control the movement, programmed as normal light.
For a low number of Roll Downs, a standard lighting desk can be used, but when many Roll Downs are used, more advanced desks should be used to maintain easy control of the units.
The Roll Down uses 6 channels of the DMX-line, and they control the position, speed, limits, and reset functions.
The Roll Down has an advanced internal positioning system with 16 bit, used for finding the position desired by the operator. With a 16 bit positioning channel (ch1 and ch2) the operator set the desired position, and the Roll Down will run to this position, with the speed applied on the speed channel (ch3).
Channel 4 is used to enable power.
With channel 5 and 6 it is possible to set the soft TOP and BOTTOM limits of the movement of the Roll Down, adjusting its span of motion. Channel 5 is likewise used for resetting the Roll Down, when powering up.
On the Roll Down it is possible to adjust the hard TOP and BOTTOM limits and in that way set the absolute span of motion.
Multiple Roll Downs are easily daisy chained with power in-out and DMX in-Out, allowing to create advanced and dynamic movements with 100’s of Roll Downs working together in the same installation.